- CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario- https://www.cleo.on.ca/en) provides a number of helpful family law resources including:
- An introduction to Family Law in Ontario; and
- Steps To Justice.
- Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General – Family Law: https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/
- Department of Justice Canada – Family Law: https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/index.html
- Department of Justice Canada – Family Violence https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/fsdfv-fidvf.html
- Office of the Children’s Lawyer (OCL): https://www.ontario.ca/page/office-childrens-lawyer
- Request a copy of your marriage certificate https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-get-copy-ontario-marriage-certificate-online
- Department of Justice Canada: Making Plans: A Guide to Parenting Arrangements after Separation or Divorce: https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/parent/mp-fdp/mp-fdp.pdf
- Parenting Plan Guide/Template: https://afccontario.ca/parenting-plan-guide-and-template/
CHILDREN AND TRAVEL:
- Government of Canada Consent Letter for children travelling abroad: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children/consent-letter
- Department of Justice Canada: The Federal Child Support Guidelines – Step-By-Step: https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/child-enfant/2017/look-rech.aspx
- Department of Justice Canada: Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines: https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/spousal-epoux/ssag-ldfpae.html
- Family Responsibility Office Support Enforcement: https://www.ontario.ca/page/paying-and-receiving-child-and-spousal-support
- Tax Matters Toolkit: Separation and Divorce: https://www.cba.org/CBAMediaLibrary/cba_na/PDFs/Sections/taxMattersToolkitClients_Eng.pdf
- Dividing Canada Pension Plan Credits: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/publicpensions/cpp/cpp-split-credits.html
- Valuation and division of private pensions: https://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/en/pensions/Family-Law/Pages/familylawforms.aspx
- Law Society of Ontario Lawyer Referral Service https://lsrs.lso.ca/lsrs/welcome or 1-855-847-5255 or 416-947-5255 from the GTA area.
- Legal Aid Ontario https://www.legalaid.on.ca/services/family-legal-issues/
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline: GTA 416-863-0511 or toll-free 1-866-863-0511 or TTY toll free 1-866-863-7868.